Tailored landowners public liability insurance for the UK
The benefits of landowners public liability insurance cover
Landowners liability cover protects you from the following
- Claims from people who suffer injuries whilst on your land.
- Claims for damage to adjacent properties or vehicles caused perhaps by a falling tree or by potholes in the ground.
Things to be aware of
- If you own private land it is possible to overlook the fact that you should arrange what is called landowners’ liability insurance, which is a public liability insurance policy.
- Any individual or business who owns land whether this is in the country or in a town can be held responsible for any injury suffered by anyone whilst on the land.
- Claims can even arise from people who trespass on the land as it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that their property is secure.
- Third parties can get injured on your land and bring a claim against private landowners even though they are trespassing.
- It is also possible that even a contractor who is on the site to carry out work could be injured, say by falling into a hole and pursue you for damages.
aba will make sure you are covered
aba has many years’ experience in arranging liability insurance for landowners and because we are independent and not tied to any one insurer will be able to provide you with the correct advice to ensure that you are properly insured at a competitive premium.
What do the policies cover
A Landowners’ policy provides protection for any legal liability in respect of an accidental injury to a member of the public or damage to any property belonging to them.
The policy will cover any type of land whether this is a field, a brown field site, a car park or a sports ground or any other piece of land.