Independent directors and officers insurance brokers
Liable for any breach of a duty of care
As a director or officer of a company, you can be held personally liable for any breach of a duty of care arising from your actions or lack of action as a director or officer.
Your company will, therefore, need director’s insurance or officer’s insurance.
Directors and officers insurance explained
- These can include breaches of company law or breaches of health and safety legislation and much more.
- Directors and officers are liable for these breaches personally which means that without suitable insurance their personal assets are at risk.
- This liability can be imposed by the courts irrespective of the protection normally provided in working under the ‘corporate veil’ of a limited company.
- Directors and officers insurance is arranged to permit senior personnel within a business to protect their personal assets.
- Directors and officers insurance policies can also be extended to provide protection for employment practices.
“On behalf of Advance Property Solutions, I would truly recommend aba insurance 100% as they are always there to help us in difficult situations and provide the best services”.
“We have used the services of aba for both business and personal insurances since first meeting Graham Webster in 1976. They provide an excellent service and will go the extra mile to ensure you have the cover you require at the right price. I would be happy to recommend to anyone.”
“I’ve used aba for many years now both for my business insurance and for my rental properties. I trust them (which I can’t say about most insurance companies) and prefer to speak to one of their team as it is easier than exchanging lots of emails. I’d recommend them to any business or someone who needs insurance for a rental property.”
“aba provide a great service. We have used them for all our properties over the last 3 years and they are always helpful and offer sound advice.”
“The staff at aba have been really helpful in getting a large claim settled. Excellent knowledge and service”.